The program covers:
- Executive functioning skills of the brain
- Background knowledge about the connection between the brain and behavior that specifically impacts driving skill: Impulsivity; Distractibility; Inattention
- How and why to use effective external tools to compensate for ADHD while driving or learning to drive
- The maturational lag common in the ADHD population and how this lag directly impacts driving performance
- ADHD drivers need a longer training phase; we provide a recommended GDL for instructors to share with their students and create an awareness for the need for extra time before license
- Impaired Behaviors and How they Mimic DUI: important information to empower the new driver to handle situations where police may stop them due to driving behaviors caused by their ADHD.
- Impact of stimulant medications on ADHD drivers; how missing a dose can impact driving skill and recommendations for dealing with this matter.
- Enhanced Drivers Log for the ADHD population
- Information on the newest technology available for mitigating risks associated with texting and cell phone use and other things that contribute to distracted driving