Welcome To The Professional Driving Instructor Webinar Registration
- Executive functioning skills of the brain
- Background knowledge about the connection between the brain and behavior that specifically impacts driving skill: Impulsivity; Distractibility; Inattention
- How and why to use effective external tools to compensate for ADHD while driving or learning to drive
- The maturational lag common in the ADHD population and how this lag directly impacts driving performance
- ADHD drivers need a longer training phase; we provide a recommended GDL for instructors to share with their students and create an awareness for the need for extra time before license
- Impaired Behaviors and How they Mimic DUI: important information to empower the new driver to handle situations where police may stop them due to driving behaviors caused by their ADHD.
- Impact of stimulant medications on ADHD drivers; how missing a dose can impact driving skill and recommendations for dealing with this matter.
- Enhanced Drivers Log for the ADHD population
- Information on the newest technology available for mitigating risks associated with texting and cell phone use and other things that contribute to distracted driving
To register for the program, please complete the form below. After your payment has been received, we will email you with the link to access the webinar. If you have any questions, please contact us.
If mailing a check, please make payable to Behind the Wheel with ADHD and send to:
Behind The Wheel With ADHD
c/o Ann Shanahan
2609 West Belmont unit 601E
Chicago, Illinois 60618
If paying via Paypal, please submit payment to firstname.lastname@example.org