Behind the Wheel With ADHD is an educational webinar designed for professionals to support their education and understanding of how ADHD impacts novice teen drivers. There is no other program like this currently available to address the special risks associated with ADHD and driving.
Behind the Wheel With ADHD is delivered in webinar format to professional driving instructors, rehabilitation specialists, and other professionals who work with novice teen drivers who struggle with ADHD. If you are interested in becoming a certified Behind the Wheel With ADHD driving school please contact us.
The program covers:
- Executive functioning skills of the brain
- The connection between the brain and behavior that specifically impacts driving skill: Impulsivity; Distractibility; Inattention
- The maturational lag common in ADHD teens and how this lag directly impacts driving performance
- We provide a recommended GDL for instructors to share with parents
- Impaired Behaviors and How they Mimic DUI
- Impact of stimulant medications on ADHD drivers
- Enhanced Drivers Log for ADHD students
- Information on the newest technology available for mitigating risks associated with distracted driving
What Does Behind the Wheel with ADHD Offer?
- Parents will immediately appreciate the value added to their child’s driver training experience.
- Instructors will learn how to implement specific strategies for their students with ADHD to mitigate some of the risks associated with their disability.
- You will benefit from the research done on how drivers with ADHD can create a set of routines that can reduce many of the risky behaviors associated with ADHD and driving.
- You will learn the impact that stimulant medication has on the effectiveness of driving performance
- You will learn tips on how coaching can be a useful tool when communicating with this population of novice teen drivers.